Forum 2.0

2066 Read the circumstances

And they went through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. Acts 16:6 ESV

As God’s children we need to learn to hear his voice. It mainly happens when we read the Bible and realize that God is now speaking to ME! Then we need to learn to discern what the circumstances are telling us. In these verses we see how Paul and Timothy were prevented from preaching in Asia Minor. Perhaps they heard the voice of the Spirit, but it’s probable that they could discern God’s will from the circumstances. It often happens! Sometimes the doors simply stay closed with no way forward. Sometimes we can discern the trajectory of what God is doing in our lives and deduce from that what his will for us is. Sometimes we can recognize where God’s blessing is and where it’s simply absent. Crises and trauma speak to us really hard! If you feel that your circumstances are speaking to you, pray about it – discuss it with experienced believers. Ask God to reveal what is happening!

Lord, help me to discern my circumstances wisely. Help me to understand the situation and the season, and know what your will for me is. Amen.

Ask: what are my circumstances telling me?

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –