Forum 2.0

2071 Practice to hear

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Mat 10:29, 31 ESV

Jesus was always very conscious of what God is doing around him. In these verses he points the crowd to the sparrows flying about. He says the birds tell us something about God’s provision. If our own spiritual awareness were sharper we would also experience more of God in our lives. It’s something we need to practice, though. If you walk outside, for example, you can ask God: Lord, what is the lesson of this beautiful field? If you speak with someone, you can ask: Lord, what is your will for this man? What are you saying to this woman? Don’t just share what you feel you hear – we’re only practicing! If you watch the news on TV you can ask: Lord, what is your will in these circumstances? In your quiet time you can ask: Lord, what are you saying to me today? Then you can wait and listen… yes, what IS God telling you? Of course we need to approach matters like these with the utmost maturity and wisdom, but still: let’s develop a spiritual way of living!

Lord, help me to become more aware of you in my life. Help me to discern your voice and will more and more. Amen.

See natural things spiritually!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –