Forum 2.0

2073 The Spirit is God in us

"But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. Joh 15:26 ESV

Don’t think of the Holy Spirit as one or other force – not even God’s might or power. Just see the Spirit as God IN you. The Holy Spirit is – in the Bible – the “Spirit of God” as well as the “Spirit of Christ”, which just means that through his Spirit God is in you, Christ is in you. There’s only ONE God, after all, and when he works, he works as ONE God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but One. That is what we believe. We know that it challenges the mind, but it is what we find in Scripture and we leave it at that. To be practical, just realize that God has moved right into your heart to forever hold you, keep you, help you and guide you! We are never left alone! On the contrary, God personally takes responsibility for us – THROUGH his Spirit. That’s why the Holy Spirit is the guarantee of our salvation. That’s good news!

Thank you, Lord, for living in me, through your Spirit, and for taking responsibility for my life! Amen.

Know that God is with you – through his Spirit!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –