Forum 2.0

2093 Faith is to know God

And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3 ESV

Faith is knowledge plus trust. There can be no faith without knowledge, because what will we believe, whom will we trust? The more we get to know the Lord, though, the easier our faith will become. We already said that God made himself known through nature - as Creator. Nature offers many lessons to build our faith! To know God as Saviour, however, we need to believe Scripture, which tells us of Jesus Christ. Remember, God is like Christ - Christ is God's "image", according to the Bible. Christ is God-as-man. If you ever asked: "how is God?” the answer is "God is like Christ!" So, as we get to know Christ, for example by reading the gospels, our faith will be built: saving faith and daily faith for living. As we live a life of faith, the Holy Spirit will reveal God to us more and more - making him known ever more intimately. What a privilege!

Heavenly Father, it's wonderful to know you in my life. I long for more of you! Amen.

Decide to KNOW God!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –