Forum 2.0

2120 You’re a member – be a member!

For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Rom 12:4-5 ESV

In the New Testament, the church is almost invariably described as a whole, comprised of its parts. It’s either a BODY, with its different members (as in this verse), or it’s the PEOPLE of God, with its citizens, or it’s a FLOCK of sheep or it’s a TEMPLE, built up with “living stones”. Can you see that all of us, individually, form part of a greater whole, corporately? Jesus is not just in relationship with us as individuals, but also in relationship with us as a whole, as a church – just as the head stands in relation to the body. Don’t think that the individual can avoid being part of the whole! O no, you and I are irrevocably the people of God; together we ARE the church of Christ! We ARE members of his body, we can just as well be the members that he wants us to be! Yes, YOU are the church, now go and BE the church!

Lord, I want to be all that you want me to be. Help me to take my place as a valuable and necessary member of the body. Amen.

Be intentionally part of Christ’s body!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –