Forum 2.0

2124 A place for serving

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. Gal 5:13 ESV

Nowadays Christians often want to grow outside of church, spiritually speaking. Technology makes it possible as never before – just think of what books, radio, TV and the internet has to offer on spiritual growth. It’s tremendous! Yet, we can only grow that much if we’re not part of the Christian community, because the Christian life is supposed to be lived IN community – corporately, not individually. It’s also only in relationship, in community, that we can SERVE, which is an absolutely vital part of our walk with God. If we want to be mature Christians we need to put down the books, switch off the computers and get off our sofas. We need to start serving! Remember, our spiritual lives are not centred on us! The question we need to ask of each other is this, then: WHERE do you serve? The CHURCH is a place where you can serve! HOW do you serve? Well, with the gifts that God has given you!

Lord Jesus, thank you for the gifts and abilities that you have afforded me. Help me now to go out and use them, serving others! Amen.

Go and minister with your gifts!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –