Forum 2.0

2186 Called on your strengths

To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. Mat 25:15 ESV

If someone would ask, what is my calling, what is God asking of me, the short answer would be this: your calling lies in your gifts. God gave each talents, abilities, strengths. In the church we call these gifts. The parable of the talents teach us that God has entrusted us with gifts, with which we’re to work – and for which we’ll be held accountable. Get, therefore, a clear idea of your strengths: what you’re good at AND what you enjoy doing! For what have you been trained, what experience do you have, what advantages does you temperament type offer, what comes “natural” to you? What do others say are your strong points? Understand, then, that your calling lies in that direction! If you develop those things, you will become who God made you to be. Finally, ask the Holy Spirit how he can utilise your strengths and gifts for the benefit of God’s kingdom!

Thank you, Lord, for giving me something to work with. Help me to do it in such a way that your name will be glorified and your kingdom built! Amen.

Take responsibility for your strengths!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –