Forum 2.0

2187 Dream in the stream

Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you." Joh 20:21 ESV

Jesus sends his disciples as the Father sent Him. His message must be theirs, just as the Father’s message was his. They must stick to HIS plan and instructions, in order to stay in the strength and guidance of the Spirit. The same holds true for us. God has a plan for our lives and sends us to live the plan. His plan is coded into our genes and written into our seasons. To live with God, then, we need to start with a clear understanding of who we are. What did God make when he made me? What are my strengths, my values, my personality traits? What is he busy with in my life – what is my story, my trajectory? If we can discern what God’s will for us is, we can dream in the stream of his plan. Wonderful things can happen when we stay in our calling! To step out of God’s plan, however, can lead to much frustration.

Holy Spirit, help me to dream your dream for me – not just my own dream. Help me to work with what YOU have given me. Amen.

Dream God’s dream for you!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –