Forum 2.0

2190 Jesus works – and works

Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? Mat 13:55 ESV

We already referred to Jesus’ ordinary life and how he helped his father with the carpentry. Jesus knew hard work! It is accepted that Joseph died relatively early, because we do not read about him again after Jesus’ bar mitzvah (apparently – at 12 in the temple). That would mean that Jesus, as eldest child, had to take responsibility for the family’s income at a youthful age. Let’s believe that he enjoyed the woodwork, but in his heart Jesus also had a different dream – to preach the kingdom of God. Only many years later, though, at around thirty, could he leave the family business to James and the others and go do what he felt called to do. For three years Jesus then did God’s work, which literally changed the world! It often takes time to get where you want to be! Be patient.

Father, I also desire to do something more with my life. How will I get there? Guide me in my decisions! Amen.

Carry on with your work, but also dream!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –