Forum 2.0

2207 God knows who He is

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Ex 3:14 ESV

There’s a huge difference between someone who has a strong feeling of who and what he is (and what not) and someone who is still figuring himself out. The former responds better to what life brings – with a much clearer “yes” or “no” – while the latter is unsure of what direction to take. It’s especially in young adulthood that we need to “find” ourselves, but it’s always beneficial to approach our identity with greater intention. It will save us from many mistakes or false starts! As God’s children we find our identity in HIM. In these verses we see that God has no uncertainty of who and what he is! On Moses’ question about who this God is who’s speaking to him from the burning bush, God immediately answered “I am what I am”. God’s identity is all about the fact of his existence, his consistency, his trustworthiness. He IS and on his BEING all his other qualities rest. What a lesson! If we were to be asked WHO we are, will we be equally ready with the answer? We can!

Yes Lord, who am I? Who am I in you? What is my identity? Teach me from your Word! Amen.

Look for your identity – at God!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –