Forum 2.0

2225 Work within your values

…lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Mat 6:221 ESV

We sometimes feel as if we’re doing things that we don’t want to do, as if our lives have become directionless – without purpose or satisfaction. The reason is partly because we don’t understand ourselves well. For example, it’s worthwhile to know our own values. Values are those things in our lives that are very important to us, the “non-negotiables”. Typical values that people mention are family, marriage, God, discipline, order or neatness. Others might say it is safety, independence or financial security. Still others would perhaps think of fairness, loyalty, adventure or beauty. Take time and think of ten things that are really not negotiable to you, your “core values”! For that purpose you might also pay attention to your emotions. What angers you, what upsets – frustrates you? Remember, we react emotionally when our values are challenged. If you understand your values, you will understand why you feel the way you feel, why you react the way you do. Work as far as possible IN your values – you’ll definitely have more peace and fulfillment!

Father, I now understand why I often deel frustarted or unhappy. Help, by your Spirit, to live according to my deepest values. Amen.

Work withing your values!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –