Forum 2.0

2241 God changes my heart

Let the Spirit change your way of thinking and make you into a new person. You were created to be like God, and so you must please him and be truly holy. Ephes 4:23-24 CEV

God’s promise was that his people will receive a “new heart” in the time of the New Covenant: ...I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. ...I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes... (Ezek 36:26-27). That is exactly the aim of the Holy Spirit in us, to give us a heart transplantation! Our transformation is mainly the work of the Spirit, not our own work. We however, can flow with what he does in us. How? Well, we can open ourselves for his work, we can be willing to change – we can stop resisting change! We can acknowledge that we still need to grow: in love, in grace, in faith, in power. Then we can discern what God is busy with by paying attention to our cituations, our emotions, our seasons, by listening to his voice. Then we can – as much as possible – flow with the Spirit’s work, be obedient, step into the direction he indicates. We’ll find ourselves growing, maturing, transforming!

Holy Spirit, what are you busy with in my life? How can I add to what you’re doing? Amen.

Flow with the work of the Holy Spirit!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –