Forum 2.0

2248 True self, true life

You used to be like people living in the dark, but now you are people of the light because you belong to the Lord. So act like people of the light and make your light shine. Ephes 5:8-9a CEV

Our spiritual growth entails identifying our “false self” and growing away from it. The false self is the way we became under the influence of sin and the world, not the way we were made! Then we need to rediscover our “true self” – the beautiful, image-of-God self, the way HE made us. How does the true self look? Well, the true self is not egoistic or self-centred. On the contrary, it forgets itself and focuses on others. It loves unconditionally! The true self lives openly, sincerely, freely and innocently. It accepts what IS, without denial or distortion. The true self experiences open and honest relationships, acceptance and love – also with regards to God. In fact, it feels itself one with God. Yes, this is who we essentially are, this is what we lost, and this is where God is returning us to. The best example of One who lived out his true self was Jesus Christ!

Lord, help me to become who I essentially am – who you made me to be. Help me to become my true self! Amen.

Become your true self!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –