Forum 2.0

2289 Take your stand

…even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Ephes 2:5-6 ESV

The Lord makes it clear that we have authority over the evil one and should use it. According to the Bible, we’ve been crucified WITH Christ, we’ve been resurrected WITH him into a new life and we rule WITH him in heaven. Now, in him – in Christ – we are in a position of authority OVER the evil one. We rule OVER him! We must never see ourselves in a position UNDER him. He does not rule over us! No, Jesus died so that we may be free from the hostility and intimidation of the evil one. So, take your stand, Christian! Do you know where the devil belongs? According to Scripture he belongs under our feet! For example: we will “bruise its head” with our feet (Gen 3:15), we received authority to “tread on serpents and scorpions” (Luke 10:17-20) and Paul promises us that God will soon “crush Satan under your feet” (Rom 16:20). A big part of the spiritual struggle is to realize that the enemy belongs under our feet, that we must take our stand over him!

Lord Jesus, thank you that I’m ruling with you over the enemy. Help me to keep him under my feet in my everyday living. Amen.

Keep the enemy under your feet!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –