Forum 2.0

2290 Understand the onslaught

He... (the devil) has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Joh 8:44b ESV

The enemy’s goal is to tempt, seduce or mislead us. If we understand, though, how his onslaught is structured, we’ll be more prepared to resist it. Remember this: the enemy always approaches us with untruths, LIES. That is his main tactic! Jesus says he is the “father of lies”. When the devil speaks, he speaks lies, half-truths – he gives twisted or slanted information, as in Paradise. With this he intends to work FEAR, DECEPTION, SIN and HARM. He wants to chip away at our trust in the Father, to break down our relationship with the Lord. Our task is to quickly recognize any such onslaught and to resist it. We do it by identifying his lies and substituting it for the truth. We remind ourselves not to fear him, but to rebuke him in Jesus’ Name. We do not yield to his temptation, but we remain standing strong. We do not allow our relationship with God to be harmed, but we move closer to God in faith. Be ready, therefore, be prepared! Do NOT fear the evil one – that’s what he wants – for his onslaught is false, it’s based on a lie! Expose all lies by shining God’s light on it.

Help me, Spirit of Truth, to expose every lie that intends to strike fear in my heart. Help me to stand strong in the truth, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Realize that the enemy is lying!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –