Forum 2.0

2291 The belt of truth

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, Ephes 6:13-14 ESV

Paul uses the image of a Roman soldier’s body armour and weapons to explain the enemy’s onslaught and how to resist it. We can learn so much from it! We learn, for example, that our struggle, usually, is defensive and that our first goal is to remain standing. We also learn that the attack is mainly concentrated on our thinking and on our faith. Paul starts with the “belt of truth”. Just as the soldier’s belt keeps together his whole armour, so the truth will support all aspects of our struggle against the enemy. Think of truths like the following: the enemy is already defeated, the enemy must retreat in Jesus’ Name, God is in control, I’m safe with him, I belong to God – etc. As your first reaction to any onslaught, identify the lie that strikes fear in your heart, find the biblical truth that disproves it and then confess that truth in your prayers – or out loud! – until the enemy retreats. The enemy’s lies will bind us, but God’s truth will set us free.

Lord, thank you for being the way, the truth and the life. Help me to defeat the enemy by standing in the truth! Amen.

Stand in the truth!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –