Forum 2.0

2292 The breastplate of righteousness

Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. Ephes 6:14-15 ESV

We’re dealing with the “armour of God”, where Paul uses the equipment of a Roman soldier to explain the enemy’s onslaught. He started by saying that truth will keep our whole armour together like a belt. Then he moves on to the “breastplate”. The Roman breastplate usually consisted of round metal segments on a harness of leather, protecting the heart and vital organs. Paul says the truth about our righteousness (or salvation) will serve the same purpose. Remember, the lie that the enemy aims straight at the heart is that we’re not saved, because we still sin. Yes, he likes to show us on our unrighteousness! The truth is that we do sin, but that are acquittal didn’t happen on account of our personal righteousness. No, we were forgiven and set free on account of Jesus’ righteousness! Our personal sinfulness or holiness is quite another matter. Be aware of this lie, because its purpose is to undermine your whole faith! Know this, believer: you ARE a child of God!

Heavenly Father, thank you for accepting me as your child, not because of my good works, but because of Christ’s great work on the cross. Amen.

Stand on your salvation!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –