Forum 2.0

2295 The helmet of salvation

In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, Ephes 6:16-17 ESV

Paul’s description of the “armour of God” teaches us that the enemy’s onslaught is primarily targeted on our thoughts and faith. He wants to plant lies and doubts in us concerning God and faith and salvation and sin. He wants to side-track us and render us inefficient as Christians and as witnesses. That’s why the “helmet of salvation” is so important. In the same way the helmet protects a soldier’s head, our salvation must protect our thinking. Literally, Paul says we must “take” the helmet from God, just as we “take” our salvation from him. It’s important to understand that salvation is not something we obtain by ourselves, but something that was given to us. We merely receive it, we take it. It’s a free gift, offered by grace, independent from our performance, holiness, sinfulness or suitability. It’s never earned! When we forget to wear our helmet we get confused and anxious about these things, but with our helmet on we know ONE THING by faith: “I am saved!” Have you taken your salvation from God? Then also take your helmet. Let it protect your thinking. Think the thoughts of a believer, thoughts of faith and power and serving God! Move on to maturity and effectiveness!

Heavenly Father, thank you for granting me salvation. Help me to focus on living in obedience and faith. Amen.

Stand strong in your salvation!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –