Forum 2.0

2309 Always God’s man

I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. Luk 15:18 ESV

It’s important to remember that God considers man as his own. He made man the way he wanted to, with his own purpose in mind. Therefore, man is God’s property – in fact, man is God’s most valuable possession! This ownership can never be cancelled: man remains permanently and irrevocably tied to God. Even when man strays away he remains God’s strayed-away man. In a general sense, God is every man’s Father, and everyone is either a child who is wandering away or one who has returned home. Just as God is interested in man and reaches out to him, so every man has an inherent yearning for God, a need to return to his Creator, to the Father. Augustine’s classical prayer formulates it well: Eternal God, you made us for yourself. Therefore, our hearts remain restless, until they find their rest in you. The question is always: are you still restless or have your heart found its rest in him?

Thank you, Abba Father, that I could find my rest in you. Thank you for your open arms and warm welcome. Amen.

Return to God!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –