Forum 2.0

2334 Faith takes the hand

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. Joh 6:40 ESV

Faith is a reaction more than an action. We can only believe after God has revealed himself to us, after we have experienced him: perhaps in nature or through his Word – or perhaps in a sermon or through our circumstances. God always takes the initiative! HE works in my life: HE puts his hand on my shoulder, HE knocks on the door of my heart. Only after I have felt his hand, or heard his voice, I can turn around or open the door. This is the case for the whole spiritual life. The more we experience of him the more we can respond – and grow – in faith. See it like this: a beggar takes the money that is offered to him, a drowning man grabs the arm of the life saver, someone that has fallen takes hold of the hand that wants to help him up. Remember that God is the Giver, the Saviour, the Helper. Do you realize that he’s holding out his hand to you? Then take God’s hand in faith!

Lord Jesus, I do hear your voice, I do feel you knocking in my heart. I see your hand in my life! What is your will for me? Amen.

React to God in faith!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –