Forum 2.0

2335 Faith believes Someone

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. Joh 6:35 ESV

Sometimes we want to focus our faith on something: that something specific will happen, that God will intervene in a particular way, that we’re saved, etc. Other times we see faith as the rational acceptance of certain truths or doctrines. Although these things are aspects of faith the essence of Biblical faith is not about something – it’s about Someone. Faith believes Someone, it trusts Someone – namely, God! We trust God, because we have learned about him in his Word. We have learned that he is righteous and merciful, that he is faithful. Therefore, we fix our hope and expectation on him. Yes, that is faith! Because we believe Someone faith is always a relationship. It always happens between two persons: in this case, me and the Lord. Faith outside of a relationship is no Biblical faith. No, grow in relationship with God and you’ll see your faith grow as well.

Lord Jesus, thank you for the privilege of a relationship with you. In that relationship I will find everything that I will ever need! Amen.

Don’t believe something - believe someone!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –