Forum 2.0

2338 Faith accepts it

And to the centurion Jesus said, "Go; let it be done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed at that very moment. Mat 8:13 ESV

A Roman officer asked Jesus to heal his sick slave, whom he left at home. Jesus told him it was all right, his slave would be well – he could return home. The Roman immediately accepted what Jesus said and turned around. At home he found his slave healed. This is how faith works! Faith simply accepts God’s word as true and then just expects it to happen. It receives what God offers and is immediately comforted and revived. Do you see? Faith does not reason and does not doubt. For example, when you asked for God’s salvation, you just took it in faith and thanked God for it. You started living as a saved person, because you were! Similarly, faith in God’s promises is to simply take it as the truth and carry on in the expectation that it will happen. Yes, that’s how faith works. The lesson is simply this: carry on in faith!

Lord Jesus, what you say is the truth. What you say will happen. I trust you for my life and for eternal life. Amen.

Accept what God offers!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –