Forum 2.0

2339 Faith: head, heart and hand

If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. Joh 15:10 ESV

Faith entails many things, we said. It’s something rational, but it’s also deeply emotional. It’s true that we need to believe the right things, because we cannot believe just anything. We need to know what the Bible teaches about God, Christ, salvation and many more. Yes, faith involves the mind. Even so, when faith is only in the mind – when it’s all about doctrines, for example – it still isn’t true faith. Faith must become deeply personal – it must become MY faith. I must turn to God – give my “heart” to him – and then grow in a personal faith. True faith is a relationship. Still, that’s not the end. Faith must also become a practice. Faith is obedience, something we do. We cannot say we believe, but not do what we believe. What faith is that? No, true faith is to DO the will of God. Nothing more and nothing less!

Lord, help me to not just believe with my mind, but also with my heart. Help me to live my faith in every way possible – amen!

Live your faith!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –