Forum 2.0

2340 From faith to love

Make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection, love - summarized from 2 Pet 1:5-7 ESV

Faith must become our practice, we said. It’s something we do. James said, for example: “Show me your faith through your works”. For him, faith without works is dead. It’s a fact that we cannot testify about our faith if our works do not testify about it as well. In fact, it’s mostly our works that testify whether we’re believers or not – despite anything we might say! Take note that, in Scripture, these works of faith always lead to love. Love is the ultimate “fruit” of faith. It is the fulfilment of the law, according to Paul. It is what God asks above all, according to Jesus – it’s the “Great Commandment”. Love is the proof of our discipleship, Jesus also said. If you look at yourself, don’t measure your faith by your knowledge, for example of the Bible, or of spiritual things. Don’t measure your faith by your spiritual experiences, or by your ministry or your leadership. No, measure your faith by your love.

Lord Jesus, help me to love as you love! Amen.

Let your faith become love!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –