Forum 2.0

2344 Surprising and important

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Mat 6:14-15 ESV

Jesus appoints us as peacemakers and it’s important that we follow his command and his example in this regard. We must be willing to forgive, ready to reconcile. Jesus demands it in surprisingly strong terms. He correlates the way we treat each other with the way God treats us. For example, he says (in this verse) if we do not forgive each other God also will not forgive us. Yes, a difficult statement! He even says reconciliation with a brother takes priority over worship (Matt 5:23-24). On the other hand, when we forgive each other’s sin in God’s name, they will be forgiven (John 20:23). Yes, it’s surprising! So, because we have been forgiven, we MUST forgive. Because we have been reconciled to God, we MUST reconcile with each other. We MUST pass on the grace we have received. Even if we find it difficult, we must at least want to.
Lord Jesus, help me to forgive and to reconcile. Help me to treat others the way you treat me. Amen.

Treat others the way God treats you!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –