Forum 2.0

2561 Everyone Must Know

"I am the LORD; I have called You in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and keep You; I will give You as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. Isa. 42:6-7 ESV

Yahweh, Israel's covenant God, is speaking here with the “Servant of the Lord”, a clear reference to the Messiah. The “Servant” is called to work God's righteousness, to institute a new covenant with the people and to act as a light to the nations. These are the things Jesus Christ did! The New Testament also confirms that He is the “light of the world”.

Remember that God didn’t just give a Redeemer to Israel but to the whole world. The Old Covenant was with one nation only, but the New Covenant includes all nations, peoples and tribes. Christ is God's light shining across the whole earth! In this regard we have an important role to play. Jesus’ last command was that His disciples go into the world and shine His light further, “to the end of the earth”. Every Christian must, in one way or the other, be involved with this “Great Commission”. Please support the church’s mission to the world – everyone must know about Jesus!

Jesus Christ, help me to shine Your light in this world. Show me where I can be involved with the church’s outreach: from where we are to the corners of the earth. For Your Name’s sake, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –