2784 No Gods, No Idols

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before Me. Ex. 20:2-3 ESV

The Ten Commandments summarize the Bible’s moral law. They teach us God's will, but even more, God's heart. In this first commandment, we learn that we may only have one God, namely Yahweh, the God of Israel. There is, after all, only one God; all other gods are false gods, idols. Unfortunately, we still have idols, even today.

In our society, money is worshiped. People will go to extremes to obtain money and more money. Jesus, however, said we must decide whether to serve God or “Mammon” (as He called money) because we can only have one Lord. Other idols today are pleasure, happiness, and power. Ask yourself this: for which things have I erected an altar or “height” in my life? In other words, what receives prominence or priority? For what am I prepared to sacrifice my money, effort or time? What is competing with God in my life? Pray about the possible idols in your life. Remember, there may be no other God besides Him!

Heavenly Lord, You alone are worthy of worship. There is no God other than You. Help me to truly put You first in my life, in every way. Prevent me from idolising money or positions, health or happiness, or honour or power. Prevent me from sitting on the throne myself, instead of You. YOU are the King of my life! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: What is competing with God in my life?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8122565657?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –