2825 God Has Turned from Me!

Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” Saul answered, “I am in great distress, for the Philistines are warring against me, and God has turned away from me and answers me no more, either by prophets or by dreams. Therefore I have summoned you to tell me what I shall do.” 1 Sam. 28:15 ESV

These events are difficult to understand. Samuel was already dead, and Saul’s situation looked dire. Therefore, he consulted a witch, a spiritist medium, to have her call up the spirit of Samuel. This was a practice that was strictly forbidden in Israel. Saul managed to speak with Samuel – how, we don't know – but received bad news from him. He would die the next day! What was particularly sad was Saul's anxious words: God has turned away from me! Wow, that must be terrible.

Will God turn away from you, too? Listen, if you are in Jesus Christ, you can never be godforsaken. Jesus said to His disciples that He would be with them, “all the days”, until He returns. He remains in us through His Spirit, whom He deposited in our lives. In fact, the Holy Spirit is the guarantee that we are saved already, that God lives in us and that we are on our way to an eternity with Him. Thank you, Lord!

Yes, thank you, Heavenly Father, for Your faithfulness and love. Thank you that I never need to wonder whether You’re with me. You are! You will be with me always, till the end, and I will never have to fear. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: God is with me, always.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8446347461?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –