Forum 2.0

0088 Luke 24:12 Seeing is believing?

Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened. The disciples don’t believe the women, that Jesus has risen. Even so, Peter and John jump up and run to the grave. When they arrive, Peter remains at the entrance, while John goes ahead of him, into the grave. Both of them only see the linens that Jesus was covered with – with the linen that was wrapped around his head put aside. What a mystery! Shocked and confused, they head back. They have seen, but what does it mean? They are in that unreal first stage of shock. The saying goes: seeing is believing. But they struggle to believe their eyes. Today there are a lot of people who can’t believe Jesus has risen – probably the most. This is based upon the fact that science doesn’t allow something like this happening. But Jesus said those who can believe without seeing, are blessed. Let’s end here for today, and I want to repeat: faith doens’t ask for proof. Science asks for proof. Faith asks for a relationship. If you trust God, you believe Him. Period. Lord Jesus, thank You for being alive, and thank You for living in me. Amen. You are to welcome to bless others by forwarding this message. Subscription to By the Way is free at www.jimileroux.com. © 2009 Jimi le Roux

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –