Forum 2.0

0105 Isaiah 11:1-2 The Spirit of wisdom

The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD. We are busy learning more about who the Spirit of God is, making use of Isaiah’s description of the sevenfold Spirit. Today we are looking at the SECOND description of the Spirit as the “Spirit of wisdom”. Also in the New Testament we see that the Holy Spirit brings a gift of wisdom. What is wisdom? It is the capability to apply divine truth to a specific situation. It is a deep and extraordinary insight and judgment. Why is this possible for the Spirit? Remember: • The Spirit knows the depths of God, because the Spirit is God • The Spirit knows the depths of man, because He lives in the heart of man In the Holy Spirit that which comes from God’s heart, joins together with what is in my heart. If we trust in Him we can discern a little bit of the immeasurable insight of God and can apply it to our lives. I don’t know if you also get to the point in your life that you need such wisdom because you just can’t figure things out? Pray with me: Spirit of Wisdom, I need your wisdom! Amen. You are to welcome to bless others by forwarding this message. Subscription to By the Way is free at www.jimileroux.com. © 2009 Jimi le Roux

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –