Forum 2.0

They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." Jesus is standing with his disciples on the Mount of Olives, just outside Jerusalem. It has already been 40 days after his death, and they literally saw Him from time to time – they talked to Him, they even shared a meal together. This was the time that changed their whole perception about Jesus, their whole lives! They didn’t see Him as Jesus of Nazareth, a friend or family member anymore. Now, they saw Him, Jesus Christ, as God. They received orders from Him. They’re not disciples (followers) anymore, but apostles (envoys). When Jesus disappears out of their sight, for the last time, they know a new era has begun. The time of the Church arrived, to spread the news of Jesus throughout the world, with the help of the Holy Spirit. When He one day will return, as the angels say, the Messianic period will be over. The apostels walk away with an enormous, intense feeling of duty. Jesus entrusted them with the Great Commission. Remember, He entrusts it to me as well, and to you! Lord, help me with the work you gave me. Amen. You are to welcome to bless others by forwarding this message. Subscription to By the Way is free at www.jimileroux.com. © 2009 Jimi le Roux

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –