Forum 2.0

Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? On Pentecost the disciples are together, and in a strange, extraordinary way everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit. What happened there wasn’t what we nowadays refer to as “speaking in tongues”, but rather a language miracle. They were real, local languages, and everyone who listened understood every word. The deeper meaning of this is that God equips the Church to go to all the nations with the Good News of Jesus Christ. It also reminds us of the tower of Babel, where all the different language caused seperation and division – under the Holy Spirit all the languages come together to create a diverse, multi-lingual church for God. But the actual point I want to make is this: The Spirit has one goal, and that is to glorify God. Wherever the true God is exalted, the Spirit is at work. But wherever a person receives praise that’s due to God, the Spirit is not involved. And that happens in religious circles, doesn’t it? You can distinguish where the Spirit is working and where people are working by the question: who really receives the glory? Lord, help me get over myself. Amen. You are to welcome to bless others by forwarding this message. Subscription to By the Way is free at www.jimileroux.com. © 2009 Jimi le Roux

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –