Forum 2.0

2060 Learn to pray: for relationships

…and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Mat 6:12-13 ESV 

The “Our Father” is Jesus’ teaching about prayer to his disciples. It also teaches US how to pray! We see, for example, that our prayer should start with God – not with us. We can start by praising God and praying for his honour, his kingdom and his will, before we turn to our own personal needs. Here we learn another lesson: while Jesus deals with our physical needs in only one statement – give us today our daily bread – he pays much more attention to our spiritual needs. THAT is what we should be praying about! Let’s therefore spend time to pray about our own sinfulness and the sin we experience from others. Let’s pray for forgiveness and the ability to forgive. It’s all about relationships! Let’s also pray for our relationship with God: pray about the temptations that you face and the onslaught of the enemy. Let’s repeat: the goal of prayer is to align us to GOD’S WILL – not him to our will!

Lord, I confess that my prayers are mostly about my physical needs. Help me to realize that my spiritual needs are much more urgent. Amen.

Pray about your relationship with God!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –