Forum 2.0

2061 The results of prayer

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18 ESV

As followers of Jesus Christ we do not just want to learn the outward forms of prayer. We especially do not want to trade techniques or formulas that will make your prayer to “work”, so that you can get what you ask for! That’s not what prayer is about and it also doesn’t work – see for yourself. True prayer is about a heart that longs for God, a heart that truly WANTS to spend time with him. To be with God is to be in prayer – what we do in that time is secondary. God’s presence will change us, however. It will develop depth in our life, peace and joy – faith, security. How does it happen? Well, God rubs off on us, by his Spirit! Paul says his glory makes us shine as well. Others will soon see his love and grace in you!

Lord, I confess that my prayers are mostly about myself. Still, I HAVE a need to be with you. I WANT to spend more time in your presence! Amen.

Live out of God’s presence!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –