Forum 2.0

2062 Start praying

And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone… Mat 14:23 ESV

It is essential for our spiritual growth to seek God’s presence often. THAT we must pray is obvious, then – HOW we pray is a question of practicality. The Bible does not prescribe to us the details of a quiet time – we simply need to grow into a realistic and workable prayer life. One thing must be remembered, though: it will take discipline. Discipline is an integral part of being a disciple! Prayer demands a sacrifice – there is no other way. To start off, find a “holy time” that will work for you, as well as a “holy place”, where you can regularly go to, to meet God. Make it beautiful: at a window maybe, with your Bible there, perhaps a picture of Jesus. Light a candle to symbolize the Holy Spirit (if you want to) and enter God’s presence with much joy. It will soon become your day’s refuge, a true oasis in the desert. How wonderful!

Father – I have such a need to meet with you! Help me to find a realistic rhythm to my prayer life. Amen.

Make a time for prayer!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –