Forum 2.0

2063 Speak Lord, I’m listening

And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting”. Acts 9:4-5 ESV

God reveals himself in the world, but not everyone notices him. God’s first revelation is his creation. The Bible insists that an attentive person will be able to recognize the Creator from his beautiful creation, yet not all do. Then God also revealed himself in his Son. In Christ we get to know God in more detail, because Christ is like God. Still, many turn their backs on Christ. Finally, God reveals himself to people’s hearts. The Holy Spirit knocks on the door of our hearts – in so many ways – and it’s our responsibility to respond when we hear his call. The reason why we often don’t recognize God’s voice is not for his lack of revelation, it’s because of our lack of attention! Generally our spiritual eyes and ears are shut, but when we decide to live with an openness to God, we will surely perceive him, everywhere!

Lord, help me to live with open eyes and an open mind, so that I can see and hear you today. Amen.

Open up your spiritual faculties!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –