Forum 2.0

2065 The good soil of the heart

As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty." Mat 13:23 ESV

As followers of Jesus we’ll need to be able to recognize his voice – like sheep following the Shepherd. We already said that the first and most important way of hearing God’s voice is through his Word. When we read the Bible – at the place where we’re reading at the moment, don’t page around – the Holy Spirit will impress on our heart what we need to hear. The Word will become personal and I’ll realize that God is now speaking to ME! Why do we often not experience the Bible in this way? Well, Jesus says here the Word is like seed that can only take root and grow in “good soil”. The good soil of the heart is when we’re open and ready for God’s Word, expecting the Spirit to speak to us. Always read the Bible with expectation, with this desire burning in your heart: Lord, speak to me. What are you saying to me today?

Yes Lord, speak to me today! Help me to recognize your Word to me IN the Word, circumspectly and responsibly. Amen.

Read God’s Word for YOUR Word!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –