Forum 2.0

2069 Get the big picture

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. Rom 8:14 ESV

Paul writes that, as Christians, we do not live by the Law of Moses, but by the leading of the Holy Spirit. That’s the way we live a life that pleases God! It’s important, therefore, to live from the fullness of the Spirit and to learn to recognize his guidance. God’s guidance comes to us especially from his Word, but from time to time – for example when we need to make a big decision – we may have the need for more specific direction. God’s guidance is a comprehensive matter, like a puzzle whose pieces need to fit together to form one picture. God’s Word, the circumstances, inner impressions, our deep desires, the wisdom of our mentors and the peace in our heart must all add together to form one image of God’s will for us. We cannot make far-reaching decisions on the basis of one or two of these aspects alone. Approach the matter with great maturity. It takes time – don’t be hasty! Then act in faith.

Lord, help me to be wise and mature about your guidance. Let me not make my own impulsive decision and then say “God said”. Amen!

Be mature about guidance!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –