Forum 2.0

2076 Full of the Spirit, but empty

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, Eph 5:18 ESV

We often think of “Spirit-filled” Christians as a step away from “ordinary” Christians – as if the filling of the Spirit is something that can happen at the END of our discipleship. The infilling of the Spirit is important, however, for the BEGINNING of our spiritual walk, because we can hardly be disciples in our own strength. Disciples need to learn as soon as possible to “walk in the Spirit”. One of the first things to realize about the matter is that we cannot be full of the Spirit AND full of ourselves. Fullness of the Spirit necessitates emptiness of myself. My own will and desires work AGAINST the will and desires of the Spirit in me! It’s either the one or the other! We have to know our desires, therefore, so that we can surrender them to God and be filled with HIS desires for us! To grow in this process every day, yielding ourselves to God’s will, is part of what it means to be filled with the Spirit. Surrender yourself to Him every day – your life will soon show WHO is in control!

Lord Jesus, YOU are the Master of my life, not me. Come with your Spirit and take control! Amen.

Choose: your will or God’s will?

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –