Forum 2.0

2078 Walk through the Spirit

2078 Walk through the Spirit

And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Gal 5:24-25 ESV

As we daily surrender to the Holy Spirit, we grow in a “walk” with him, a lifestyle focused on God. How does such a life look? Well, a Spirit-filled life is lived from out of the presence of God. It’s also a life that pays attention to what God does: in what happens around us (and do not happen), in our successes and failures, in God’s answers and God’s silence. It asks: What are you teaching me, Lord? Whereto are you calling me? What is the growth implied in this situation? How should I react so that your Name be honoured? In this way we gradually change: from being self-centred and false, hard-of-heart and haughty to being graceful, loving, mature. We become more authentic, more open, more human (remember, not more artificial, superficial or “religious”). The Spirit of God will cover us like a mantle and others will see HIM in our eyes, hear HIM in our words. That’s where I want to be!

Come, Lord Jesus! Make me like you, through your Spirit. More of you, Lord, less of myself! Amen.

Decide that you want to be like HIM!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –