Forum 2.0

2080 The force field of the Spirit

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. Acts 1:8 ESV

Being “filled” by the Spirit refers in Scripture (e.g. Paul’s letters) to a Spirit-driven life. However, it has another meaning as well. In Acts we see how being “filled” by the Spirit has to do with a powerful encounter with the Holy Spirit, an intense personal experience. This still happens! We still experience God’s touch, his empowerment to live as his witnesses, as we’ve read here. Even so, we cannot run after a specific experience, because God always works in a unique way with everyone. There’s no specific formula! On the other hand, we also cannot expect of the Spirit to comply with our own notions of appropriateness – telling him, for example, how he may or may not work. God is God and he will work in the way he wants to! Do you need the power of God in your life? Just be open to God, ask him to empower you for living or for ministry and let him do what he wants to. Accept whatever happened (or didn’t happen) and go and live in his strength! You can go to him again and again.

Lord, do with me what you want, but empower me by your Holy Spirit! I want to be an effective instrument in your hand. Amen.

Stand in the force field of the Spirit!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –