Forum 2.0

2082 Worship is MY need

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Mat 22:37 ESV

Worship is to accept God as God and to bow before him with your life. It’s not so much a cognitive acknowledgement of God as God, but our heart’s reaction to his presence. Worship is recognizing HIM, it’s awe and wonder, it’s rapture! Ultimately worship is always surrender, full submission to his will. It’s our belief that we were made to worship God. Even though human nature wants to stray away from God all the time, there is always that something in our soul that longs for him – that “God-shaped hole”! Augustine said: Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee. Yes, we believe that every person has a real and urgent need for God, that every heart aches for Him – that our whole pursuit of money, possessions, pleasure and honour is actually just a substitute for our deeper yearning. Have you found God? That’s good, then, because only there, before his throne, you’ll find your rest, your peace.

Heavenly Father, you are God and I’m a child at your feet. THAT relationship gives me peace. Be God in my life! Amen.

Find your rest at God’s feet!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –