Forum 2.0

2083 Go on a journey - to the throne room

"Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honour and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen." Rev 7:12 ESV

The concepts of thanksgiving, praise and worship overlap, but each also has its own unique emphasis. Together, though, they form a wonderful journey to the throne of God. See how it works:

• THANKSGIVING is to thank God for what he has done for me. It rests on concrete experiences in my life, which I am grateful for and want to honour him for. The starting place of our journey, therefore, is with me, in the here and now.
  • PRAISE, whose tone is jubilant and victorious, is more about God than about myself. It rejoices over HIS goodness and grace, HIS character and HIS deeds – whether I have received something or not. Because praise focuses me on God, however, it draws me nearer to him – right into his presence!
  • WORSHIP can only happen before the throne of God – the end of our journey. God’s presence compels us to bow. Our worship, there before him, is all about reverence, awe and a complete surrender.

Do you see the journey, starting from afar, drawing nearer, ending before God’s throne? Go on that journey by giving thanks, then praising, then worshiping God!

Lord, I thank you for what you mean to me. I praise you for your greatness and goodness! I bow before you in worship – you are my God. Amen.

Get to the place of worship!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –