Forum 2.0

2084 The discipline of praise

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Heb 13:15 ESV

A disciple lives with disciplines – that’s a mere fact. To be a disciple is to live in the disciplines (the teaching and lifestyle) of a master. It’s the two sides of a coin. We think of discipline as hard and painful, but the fact is that growth – in any aspect of life – cannot take place without discipline! The same goes for the spiritual life. Throughout Scripture we’re called up to praise God, not as an option, but as an obligation. Praise is a discipline, a part of our obedience! When we comply to this call, for example by starting off every prayer by praising God first (as Jesus taught us), we’ll immediately experience the benefits. We’ll discover that praise boosts our faith, wards of the onslaught of the enemy and brings us into the presence of God. Praise is about God, we said. That’s the truth, but the benefits are all ours! Make time for a regular praise offering to God in your life!

Lord, I bring you praise today! You are a wonderful God, good and gracious. You really fill my life with purpose – I praise you for that! Amen.

Bring a daily sacrifice of praise!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –