Forum 2.0

2085 Worship in Spirit

But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. Joh 4:23 ESV

The Samaritan woman asked Jesus about the true place of worship: is it Jerusalem or Gerizim? Jesus answered that worship is not about the place anymore, but about the heart. You can worship God at the right place, but with the wrong heart! On the other hand, if your heart is right, you can truly worship wherever you are. If our heart is focused on God, we’ll recognize him all around: we’ll see him in specific situations or hear him in someone’s words. When that happens the whole world becomes filled with HIM – the whole earth becomes his temple! We’ll find ourselves in his mighty cathedral whether we’re in the veld, in a church or in a squatter camp. Wherever we are the Spirit is, and HE wants to lift our hearts up to God, in worship!

Holy Spirit, reveal the Father to me, wherever I am. Make my heart true, so that I will worship in Spirit and truth, as the Father wants me to! Amen.

Worship as the Spirit leads you!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –