Forum 2.0

2089 A life of worship

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." Rev 22:13 ESV

What is the spiritual life? The spiritual life is the ordinary life, lived spiritually! We sometimes think our “spirituality” comprises our praying, reading the Bible, attending church or whatever is explicitly religious. If that were the case our spiritual lives would have covered a mere hundredth of our daily lives. Yet God doesn’t want a hundredth, he wants a hundred percent! He also wants control over our relationships, our work and leisure, even our politics and finances. Our whole life must fall under his control and must, therefore, become spiritual! Even the way we interact with strangers, use the media or drive in traffic is part of our spiritual life! In fact, it is especially in the world, at work, on social media or when entertaining guests that we need to live what we believe. If everything becomes spiritual and every deed honours God, then our whole life will be a life of worship.

Lord Jesus, I pray that every deed will be in your will, that my whole life becomes an act of worship. Amen.

Let your whole life bow before the Lord!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –