Forum 2.0

2091 Faith and obedience

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. Joh 3:16 ESV

The New Testament teaches us that following God’s law is only part of the picture. One could, for example, keep the law without any intrinsic love for God. Mostly though, we do not keep the law! What God actually requires is not difficult to understand, because he requires what every father requires. A father does not want his children to have a wayward or willful heart, even though they comply with his instructions. More important than mere obedience is their attitude and relationship with him. He wants his children to trust him, to be grateful, respectful and loving and to willingly and gladly do what the father requires. That’s what God requires as well! If we live in a close relationship with our loving Father everything the Father requires and we need will be in place!

Heavenly Father, you are a good God! I do trust you and I do love you – how can I please you Lord? Amen.

Love God, obey God!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –