Forum 2.0

2094 Faith is to trust HIM

TAKE NOTE THAT BY THE WAY CLOSES TOMORROW FOR THE HOLIDAY.

WE REOPEN ON 8 JANUARY 2018. BLESSED CHRISTMAS!

...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith. Heb 12:1b-2a ESV

Regarding the topic of faith, we need to put the emphasis correctly. Sometimes, as believers, we think of faith as a sort of willpower that must be worked up so that good things will happen. We have a desired outcome in mind and then try to "exercise" faith, often by employing what we consider to be "spiritual techniques", so that we can receive what we pray for. Faith includes aspects of the above, but the true essence of faith is something else. Take note: the object of faith is not SOMETHING, but SOMEONE. Faith does not trust that something specific must happen, it trusts God that he will have the things happen that should happen. The burden of faith is not that I do something, but that HE does whatever he wants and that HE remains faithful and trustworthy. If we can think of faith less as a spiritual technique to get what WE want - "in Jesus' Name!" - and more of a surrender to HIS will, we'll get nearer to what Biblical faith is. The essence of faith is RADICAL TRUST in a faithful God.

Heavenly Father, your will be done! You know the desires of my heart, you love and bless me and you know the best for me. I fully trust you! Amen.

Faith does not manipulate - it trusts!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –