Forum 2.0

2095 Faith releases

TAKE NOTE THAT BY THE WAY CLOSES TODAY FOR THE HOLIDAY.  WE REOPEN ON

8 JANUARY 2018. THANKS FOR A WONDERFUL YEAR - BLESSED CHRISTMAS!

My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done. Math 26:42b ESV

We often see faith as a technique to obtain things. Most frequently we "use" faith to obtain God's blessing on our finances, health or relationships. We also employ spiritual "techniques" we've heard about to ensure that our prayers "work". Our mistake, however, is to presume that our spiritual life is all about US - about OUR desires or needs, OUR blessings! To be follower, though, is to lay down our own personal will and focus on the will of the Master. We give our lives for HIS will! In fact, faith, as radical trust, is much more about LETTING GO than it is about ACQUIRING. It's all about surrendering, releasing, losing! We let go of our will and so-called control, we give up our needs and desires for his, we give our lives more and more, until everything we are has been given into his hands. We surrender, we release, we DIE - that is faith! Release, then, what you think you have, give away, give up! Let God be God!

Heavenly Father, I'm still so self-centred. It's not about me! Help me to fully surrender to you. Amen.

Let go and let God be GOD!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –