Forum 2.0

2098 Practice your faith

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" Mark 9:24 ESV

Faith - to trust God for your needs and desires - is something we must develop. Here we see a beautiful example of how that can work. The desperate father cries out to Jesus that he has faith, but also pleads for more faith. He realizes that his faith for the specific need might not be enough. How beautiful! Jesus immediately heals his son. The lesson we can learn is that we can direct our need for faith, IN FAITH, at Jesus. It's never wrong to admit your lack of faith, because God knows it already! On the contrary, it's an act of insight, of maturity AND OF FAITH which God most assuredly will honour. Ask for faith, therefore! Then, exercise your faith: substitute your fearful thoughts for faith-filled thoughts, express your faith in words more, expect more of God in faith. Yes, step out boldly in faith! Faith - as with most spiritual things - is a discipline. We need to practice it! The more you see God working, the stronger your faith will become.

Lord, my faith is often weak, often shallow. Give me more! Help me to develop faith and also to remember that my spiritual life is about YOU - not ME! Amen.

Say: help me believe, Lord!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –